Amy Kines brings her passion for teaching and learning to every endeavor. With over two decades of experience as an educator, Amy has worked as a classroom teacher, a staff development teacher, an instructional specialist, and now as president of Ready Aim Teach!.
- Amy attended Montgomery County Public Schools in Maryland.
- She completed her undergraduate degree in Elementary Education at Indiana University.
- Amy began her teaching career in San Antonio, Texas.
- After several years, Amy returned to Montgomery County, Maryland to teach and pursue her master’s degree from Johns Hopkins University in School Administration and Supervision.
- Amy was selected and trained during the initial phase of Montgomery County’s Staff Development Teacher Project, which brought a staff development teacher to every school.
- Amy achieved National Board Certification in 2002.
- Since 2003, Amy has been certified as an instructor of Studying Skillful Teaching courses by Research for Better Teaching. Courses have included teachers, paraeducators, and administrators.
- In her work as an instructional specialist, Amy has worked with administrators, school leadership teams, and individual teachers.
- Certified in 2013, Amy is an instructor of Facilitative Leadership.
- Amy has presented workshops such as The Importance of Effort to parent groups in Montgomery County.
- Amy’s facilitation skills have also allowed her to take on many leadership roles in her community, including PTA president at both the elementary school and middle school level.
- Amy was trained in Tools for Teaching in 2006. She helped with and facilitated workshops from 2007-2016.
Ready Aim Teach!
As President and Lead Trainer at Ready, Aim, Teach, Amy brings her enthusiasm and facilitation skills to each client. She customizes training and coaching to meet individual, school, and district needs.