Amy Kines brings her passion for teaching and learning to every endeavor. With almost three decades of experience as an educator, Amy has worked as a classroom teacher, a staff development teacher, an instructional specialist, and now as president and lead trainer of Ready Aim Teach!.
Ready Aim Teach!
As President and Lead Trainer at Ready, Aim, Teach, Amy brings her enthusiasm and facilitation skills to each client. She customizes training and coaching to meet individual, school, and district needs.
Amy and her team of expert facilitators partner with Trinity University to offer a variety workshops that participants can take and earn two graduate credits. Each workshop offers something different:
- Proactive Teaching: Management tools to help teachers have more time for instruction and students to have more time for learning and thinking
- Dynamic Teaching: Active learning strategies to get students up and out of their seats and more engaged with the content
- Delving into Differentiation: Strategies to meet the wide range of needs and strengths within the general classroom
- Success for English Learners: Knowledge and skills to build teachers’ capacity for meeting the needs of their English language learners
- Transforming Learning, Thinking, and Relationships: High level strategies to help teachers learn how to manage students and classes as they empower students to make their thinking public; and build relationships and community between students and the adults in the building.
- Equity in Education: Interrupting the Status Quo: Tools to start or continue the important work around equity in education, focusing on how to have Courageous Conversations about Race and begin to examine and explore implicit bias and the impact of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination.
During the school year, these workshops take place over the weekend, so that educators can join from across the country without having to take leave. During the summer, the workshops take place during the weekdays.
In addition to facilitating workshops, Amy and the Ready Aim Teach team work with schools and districts across the country, both public and private. This work includes working with school leadership teams, school-wide professional development, and one-on-one coaching and support.
- Amy attended Montgomery County Public Schools in Maryland.
- She completed her undergraduate degree in Elementary Education at Indiana University.
- Amy began her teaching career in San Antonio, Texas.
- After several years, Amy returned to Montgomery County, Maryland to teach and pursue her master’s degree from Johns Hopkins University in School Administration and Supervision.
- Amy was selected and trained during the initial phase of Montgomery County’s Staff Development Teacher Project, which brought a staff development teacher to every school.
- Amy achieved National Board Certification in 2002.
- Since 2003, Amy has been certified as an instructor of Studying Skillful Teaching courses by Research for Better Teaching. Courses have included teachers, paraeducators, and administrators.
- In her work as an instructional specialist, Amy has worked with administrators, school leadership teams, and individual teachers.
- Certified in 2013, Amy is an instructor of Facilitative Leadership.
- Amy has presented workshops such as The Importance of Effort to parent groups in Montgomery County.
- Amy’s facilitation skills have also allowed her to take on many leadership roles in her community, including PTA president at both the elementary school and middle school level.
- Amy was trained in Tools for Teaching in 2006. She helped with and facilitated workshops from 2007-2016.