You can now register for graduate-level credit for the Tools for Teaching workshop.
This is very important, particularly to staff from MCPS, who must take the workshop for credit in order to get tuition reimbursement.
For Montgomery County Public School Staff, if you would like reimbursement for the workshop, you MUST register and take the workshop for credit. This is the only way to be eligible for reimbursement, and you will be reimbursed for the entire cost ($300 for workshop plus $150 for credits = $450 reimbursement total).
Below you will find an explanation and step by step directions.
TOOLS FOR TEACHING WORKSHOP
RECEIVE 2 GRADUATE-LEVEL EXTENSION CREDITS THROUGH UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO
The Tools for Teaching workshop is available for 2 graduate-level extension credits through the University of San Diego. These credits cost a total of $150 and are available to all participants, regardless of your job description.
Follow these steps for registration:
1. Go to www.pce.sandiego.edu
2. On the left side, click on “affiliations”
3. Scroll down column on left hand side – click on “Tools for Teaching”
4. Select course EDU-X799B
5. Scroll to bottom and click “add to cart”
6. To pay with credit card, click “continue checkout”. If you would rather send in a check you will see directions to do this as well.
7. Click on “New Student” and enter your email address
8. Complete the Profile Information
9. Print and save your receipt.
You may register to receive credit for the Tools for Teaching workshop any time before Thursday, July 24th. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt!!!
Keep in mind that /TOOLS 4 TEACHING WITH AMY KINES/ will be verifying with USD that you completed the 3-day workshop.