1. Can MCPS teachers get reimbursed for this workshop?
a. Yes! To be eligible for tuition reimbursement, MCPS teachers must take the workshop for the two credits offered by University of San Diego.
2. How do teachers apply to get these two credits?
a. On Day 1 of the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to sign up for credit. This takes place at the conference.
3. How much does the credit cost?
a. $150.00 paid to University of San Diego
4. How much is then reimbursed?
a. ALL of the cost is reimbursed. ($300 for workshop + $150 for credit = $450.00)
5. Is there any instance where a teacher might not be reimbursed?
a. Each person is entitled to be reimbursed for a certain number of credits each fiscal year. If a teacher has already received reimbursement for those credits, reimbursement for this workshop will not be available. If a teacher has any question about this, they should contact Tuition Reimbursement at 301.315.7383.
6. Can a paraeducator be reimbursed for the workshop as well?
a. Yes! Procedures are almost identical. Both paraeducators and teachers will be given full instructions during the workshop.
7. Where can I get more information about reimbursement?
a. Call 301.315.7383 or visit http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/development/pdo/tuition.htm
8. What are the hours of the workshop?
a. 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM daily
9. Do I need to bring lunch?
a. No, complimentary breakfast and lunch are provided each day.
10. Will I receive a copy of Tools for Teaching?
a. Yes, each participant will receive a complimentary download of the brand new 3rd edition of Tools for Teaching. Participants will receive instructions for this prior to the workshop. The eBook can be read on a computer, apple device or kindle reader. (The eBook is being provided because the “hard-copy” book itself is no longer printed)
11. What if my plans change?
a. If plans change, please let us know as soon as possible. You can receive a full
refund up to 7 days prior to the workshop, minus a $10 processing fee.
For all other questions and inquiries, please contact Tools 4 Teaching at 301.325.6898 or